There was an interesting article about pest control as a profession in last Sunday’s (7/24/2011) Sacramento Bee. Pest control is one of the few industries that has not seen a decline in this awful economy. Why? Pests abound and people don’t want to live with them!
Want to know what skills you need to become a pest control professional?
- People skills. It really is more about people, than bugs. The bug part can be learned, but if you show people you care, they’ll look forward to seeing you.
- Honesty & integrity. You are entering peoples’ homes. Be a good citizen.
- Willingness to learn. There are always new challenges, new technologies, and new treatment methods. It’s not a boring job…there is always something new.
Ok, so it sounds good so far. You’re ready for a new profession! What do you look for in a company?
- Professionalism and high-quality standards.
- Uniformed employees and well-maintained vehicles and equipment.
- A solid reputation within the community.
At Gold Miner Pest Control and Wildlife Management, we try always to conduct ourselves in a professional manner and our employees are knowledgeable and conscientious. Because of this, our customers are loyal and refer us to their friends and neighbors. Oh, and…we are not hiring at this time, but we are growing! Check back with us…
Gold Miner Pest Control and Wildlife Management, serving Auburn, Grass Valley, Rocklin, Roseville, Lincoln, Colfax, Meadow Vista, Nevada City and all of Placer and Nevada Counties.
Auburn number: 530-878-8786. Colfax number: 530-346-8379